Abbeyfield is a charity providing supported sheltered housing for older people in comfortable, family-style accommodation.
Abbeyfield houses provide the privacy and security many older people seek when managing alone in their own home has become a burden. Residents come and go as they please, receive visitors and enjoy meals provided by the House Staff. They are free from the worries of maintaining a house and garden, paying bills and dealing with loneliness. At the centre of these homely houses are Abbeyfield staff who are employed to ensure that the house is comfortable and safe and that meals are nutritious and enjoyable.
Supported sheltered houses go one stage further than traditional "fold type" sheltered housing schemes.
A typical Abbeyfield house offers:
- Independence with security
- Private, personally furnished rooms
- Home cooked meals eaten together
- A team of trained staff with volunteer support
- Call alarm systems
- Specialist facilities such as level deck showers, lifts, door entry systems etc.